- That first cup of coffee, when I’m straightening my pencils, is the best of the day.
- My creative writing muse likes to start early and clock off at lunchtime.
- My characters trust me to keep their secrets. How foolish of them.
- My supporting characters are troublesome and always seeking the limelight
- I have writers’ OCD. If I spot a typo it MUST be corrected immediately.
- That perfect word can pop up anytime, anywhere, never when I need it.
- While I may appear serene to you, I’m plotting like mad on the inside.
- Typing ‘The End’ in the first draft is actually only the beginning.
Published by Lorna
My debut novel 'New Beginnings on Vancouver Island' is a historical romantic saga that features Whitehaven in Cumberland and the west coast of Canada, Set in 1854 it is faction based upon a journey taken by my relatives when they signed up with the Hudson's Bay Company to open up the mines in Colville (now Nanaimo). This is my debut novel. My second novel, "The Shackletons of Whitehaven'' a saga novel about a shipping family was published in September 2022.
View all posts by Lorna